LOCAL POSITION - For Kuujjuaraapik Resident ONLY
- Assist the Base Manager with the management of the different base services, personnel which include cargo and counter, buildings and vehicles.
- Participate in developing and implementing projects in an effort to improve efficiency;
- Assist in the budget preparation and thorough follow-up;
- Maintain good communication with clients, personnel, and other departments within the company;
- Participate in the training and development of the employees;
- Replace the Base Manager when absent;
- Participate in Air Inuit's Integrated Management System;
- Assist and support other stations of the network;
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Base Manager in order to ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- Post-secondary degree in administration or equivalent work experience;
- Experience in management is a considerable asset;
- Have an aptitude for managing human resources (teamwork management, conflict management, etc.);
- Possess a professional attitude (aptitude for teamwork, autonomy, enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, sense of initiative, organizational skills, etc.);
- Reliable, punctual, available and who can adapt to particular circumstances, fit for physical work and under pressure;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to communicate in at least 2 of the following languages: Inuktitut, French and English;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken);
- Hold a valid driving license;
- Available to travel occasionally for training;
- Have demonstrated high ethical standards in the course of previous employment.
Social Benefits and salary
Air Inuit provides a company contributed RRSP, a Group Insurance (life, dental, health care, short and long term disability), northern allowance, 6% vacation, a Retirement Allowance Plan and various other innovative benefit and recognition opportunities.
Salary is determined based on experience and the company's salary policy.
This position is LOCAL for Kuujjuaraapik Resident only
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume by October 30th, 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Specify Job 4011 – Assistant Base Manager - YGW)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Air Inuit is an equal opportunity employer.