The GSE Manager will oversee and manage the Fleet Maintenance and Ground Service Equipment Department. He/She will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of GSE, fleet maintenance and preventive maintenance while ensuring safety and compliance.
• Coordinates activities related to fleet maintenance, ground service equipment, heavy equipment to include operational performance, costs of operation and maintenance, operational safety, and compliance with environmental laws and regulations;
• Directs procurement of all types of company owned and operated ground service equipment, materials, supplies, and parts required to maintain equipment and facilities;
• Coordinates inspection, repair, and maintenance services to obtain maximum utilization of equipment and prevent operational delays;
• Consults with others to determine equipment and machinery requirements;
• Reviews and submits proposals for modifications to vendor or manufacturer;
• Coordinates activities of personnel involved in repair and maintenance of ground service equipment;
• Directs work schedules to obtain optimum utilization of personnel;
• Assist in the development of training materials and procedural manuals and conducts training and orientation as necessary for the Station's programs;
• Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and other resources;
• Occasional northern travel;
• Carry out any other assigned duties as directed by the Director of Maintenance.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit;
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws;
• Other Supervisory Responsibilities include, but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
• Five years of experience in mechanical maintenance and repair in an industrial vehicle;
• operation, including two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity;
• Previous experience supervising personnel;
• Previous ground support equipment is preferred;
• Strong organizational, human relations and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrate leadership, communication, interpersonal and team building skills;
• Experience with OSHA Safety Regulations preferred;
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries to deliver results; • Ability to plan and execute multiple projects/activities;
• Microsoft software experience required (Outlook Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc);
• Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills;
• Strong knowledge of Diesel Engines, Electrical systems, Hydraulics, Generators preferred;
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Airport Security Clearance (RAIC).
Air Inuit provides a company contributed RRSP, a Group Insurance (life, dental, health care, short and long term disability), 6% vacation, a retirement allowance program, access to reduced airline travel rates and various other innovative benefits and recognition opportunities.
Level 12 - Salary $70,903 - $78,781
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume by visiting http://www.airinuit.com/en/job-listings .
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Air Inuit is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.