- Check-in passengers and proceed with the baggage handling as well as screening of cabin baggage;
- Prepare flight, check-in, ticket and manifest documents;
- Transmit the flight documents to dispatch in addition to other stations;
- Perform certain administrative work;
- All other duties deemed necessary by the company in order to ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Basic knowledge of Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook;
- The capacity to learn passenger check-in programs;
- Hold of a valid driving licence;
- Ability to communicate in at least 2 of the following languages: Inuktitut, French, English;
- Good communication skills in both speaking and writing;
- The capacity to offer an excellent customer service;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Available to travel occasionally for training;
- Available to work evenings, nights and weekends;
- Rotational position 2 weeks ON / 2 weeks OFF;
- If the position is filled locally, the work location will be Puvirnituq;
- If the position is not filled locally, the candidate will be considered as having no specific base.
The salary is determined according to our compensation policy
– Level 6 (starting at $36,014.)
–Northern Allowance - $10,000 (If applicable)
Air Inuit provides a company contributed RRSP, a Group Insurance (life, dental, health care, short and long term disability), 6% vacation, a Retirement Allowance Plan and various other innovative benefits and recognition opportunities.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume by September 17th 2020 by visiting http://www.airinuit.com/en/job-listings or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Specify – Job 4005 – Ticket Counter YPX).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Air Inuit is an equal opportunity employer.