- Carry out all necessary functions pertaining to supervision and coordination of the Ticket Counter;
- Ensure that employees follows company’s policies and applicable regulations for the security and to comply with transportation regulations;
- Ensure that the passengers respect the safety norms that are currently in place;
- Verify the cabin baggage in order to ensure that the Transport Canada regulations are respected;
- All other duties deemed necessary by the company in order to ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the airline industry in a similar position;
- Basic knowledge of Office software such as Word, Excel, Outlook;
- One year experience with the passenger check-in programs;
- Bilingual (English/Inuktituk) or (French/Inuktituk) or (French/English);
- Good communication skills both speaking and in writing;
- The capacity to offer an excellent customer service;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Available to travel occasionally for training;
- Available to work evenings, nights and weekends;
- If the position is filled locally, the work location will be Puvirnituq;
- If the position is not filled locally, the candidate will be considered as having no specific base.
The salary is determined according to our compensation policy:
– Level 7 (starting at $39,390)
– $10,000 Northern Allowance (if applicable).
Air Inuit provides a company contributed RRSP, a Group Insurance (life, dental, health care, short and long term disability), 6% vacation, a Retirement Allowance Plan and various other innovative benefits and recognition opportunities.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume by September 17th, 2020 by visiting http://www.airinuit.com/en/job-listings or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Specify Job 4001 – Ticket Ticket Agent – Counter Supervisor – YPX).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
AIR INUIT is an equal opportunity employer.