- Diagnose, identify problems and repair the fleet of vehicles, ramp equipment and forklift trucks in Nunavik;
- Accurately record the details of the work done and keep records;
- Ability to establish a preventive maintenance plan, schedule parts orders and maintain inventory;
- Proactive follow-ups: condition of vehicles, proper use of vehicles at stations, safe mechanical condition, submission of reports, etc.;
- Keep a work area safe and tidy;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Minimum of five (5) years of general mechanic gasoline and diesel vehicles. Ability to work on electrical equipment (Forklift) will be an asset;
- Hold a valid driver’s licence;
- Ability to work safely and self-reliantly;
- Professional and reserved attitude and behavior;
- Ability for teamwork;
- Sense of initiative and organization as well as adaptability to planning change with resourcefulness;
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, French, English;
- Rotational position on the network in Nunavik, must be flexible and ready to travel;
- Diploma of vocational studies in automotive mechanics or equivalent work experience
Accommodations, meals, work clothing and travel between Montreal and northern bases is provided
3 week rotational schedule
Air Inuit provides a company contributed RRSP, a Group Insurance (life, dental, health care, short and long term disability), 6% vacation, a retirement allowance program, access to reduced airline travel rates and various other innovative benefits and recognition opportunities.
Salary (Level 8) 45,018 - $ 50,645
To apply for this vacancy, please send your resume by visiting https://www.airinuit.com/en/careers/job-listings
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Air Inuit is an equal opportunity employer.