Pets are accepted as checked baggage and are subject to the following excess baggage charges:
- Live Animals Excess Baggage Charges (effective June 1, 2013)
|Weight (animal & aage)
||Fees (Taxes included)
|Up to a maximum of 22kg
||$105.00 - $114.98
|From 23kg to 45kg
||$157.50 - $172.46
|Over 45kg (Special handling required)
||$236.25 - $258.69
- Only rigid plastic cages with a limit of one animal per cage will be accepted. Metal cages will be refused.
- All kennels are subject to approval by Air Inuit at check-in.
- Air Inuit will not be responsible in the event of loss, delay, injury, sickness or death of an animal accepted for carriage.
- The number of animals accepted per flight is limited to ensure that the baggage allowance included with a flight ticket can be respected for all passengers. We therefore require that a passenger travelling with an animal declare the travelling animal upon reservation. No guarantee of available space will be confirmed by the carrier as a cage is considered an excess baggage on a space-available status.
If you need to transport larger animals, please contact Air Inuit cargo services to make the necessary arrangements.
Please note that Emotional Support Animal are not accepted.