Pets are accepted as checked baggage and are subject to the following excess baggage charges:
- Live Animals Excess Baggage Charges (effective June 1, 2013)
|Weight (animal & cage)
||Fees (Taxes included)
|Up to a maximum of 22kg
||$105.00 - $114.98
|From 23kg to 45kg
||$157.50 - $172.46
|Over 45kg (Special handling required)
||$236.25 - $258.69
- Only rigid plastic cages with a limit of one animal per cage will be accepted. Metal cages will be refused.
- All kennels are subject to approval by Air Inuit at check-in.
- Air Inuit will not be responsible in the event of loss, delay, injury, sickness or death of an animal accepted for carriage.
- The number of animals accepted per flight is limited to ensure that the baggage allowance included with a flight ticket can be respected for all passengers. We therefore require that a passenger travelling with an animal declare the travelling animal upon reservation. No guarantee of available space will be confirmed by the carrier as a cage is considered an excess baggage on a space-available status.
- Due to the climate of the territory we serve, birds of any type will not be accepted for transport.
- Air Inuit does not accept any type of snakes for transport.
If you need to transport larger animals, please contact Air Inuit cargo services to make the necessary arrangements.
Please note that Emotional Support Animal are not accepted.