Pets are accepted as checked baggage and are subject to the following excess baggage charges:
- Live Animals Excess Baggage Charges (effective June 1, 2013)
|Weight (animal & cage)
|Fees (Taxes included)
|Up to a maximum of 22kg
|$105.00 - $114.98
|From 23kg to 45kg
|$157.50 - $172.46
|Over 45kg (Special handling required)
|$236.25 - $258.69
- Only rigid, well-ventilated plastic cages with a limit of one animal per cage will be accepted. Metal cages will be refused.
- The interior of the cage must be clean, dry, leak and escape proof, it must contain absorbent material and be free from protruding objects that could injure the animal.
- The cage should be big enough for the animal to stand, turn around and lie down comfortably.
- The animal needs to be older than 8 weeks old.
- All kennels are subject to approval by Air Inuit at check-in.
- The routing must allow a same day arrival at final destination.
- Air Inuit will not be responsible in the event of loss, delay, injury, sickness or death of an animal accepted for carriage.
- The number of animals accepted per flight is limited to ensure that the baggage allowance included with a flight ticket can be respected for all passengers. We therefore require that a passenger travelling with an animal declare the travelling animal upon reservation. No guarantee of available space will be confirmed by the carrier as a cage is considered an excess baggage on a space-available status.
- If not made at time of reservation, arrangements must be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to departure by contacting our reservations team at 1-800-361-2965.
- The number of animals accepted is limited per flight and may require the modification of your reservation to allow us to accommodate your pet.
- You must provide a phone number, where you can be reached at during your travel. This number should also be clearly indicated on the cage.
- Due to the climate of the territory we serve, birds of any type will not be accepted for transport.
- Air Inuit does not accept any type of snakes for transport.
If you need to transport larger animals, please contact Air Inuit cargo services to make the necessary arrangements.
Please note that Emotional Support Animal are not accepted.