Missing or delayed baggage must be reported to an Air Inuit agent immediately upon your flight's arrival. A loss or damage report must be filed right away.
- If your baggage is delayed and found within 21 days of your arrival Air Inuit will reimburse any fees paid for transportation of the baggage, if applicable.
- If your baggage is not found within this delay, a detailed claim must be filed and submitted to the Air Inuit Baggage Claim Department within 30 days of the arrival date. As per the Air Passenger Protection Regulations, you could be eligible to a reimbursement of up to 1288 Special Drawing Rights (SDR), equivalent to approximately $2,300 CAD.
- If your baggage is damaged, a claim must be filed within 7 days of reception of the baggage. As per the Air Passenger Protection Regulations, you could be eligible to a reimbursement of up to 1288 Special Drawing Rights (SDR), equivalent to approximately $2,300 CAD.
- Failure to report the damage or loss of your baggage within the prescribed time limit shall relieve Air Inuit of any liability, unless the applicant can prove, to Air Inuit's satisfaction, that it was impossible for to give such notice.
To contact our baggage claim department, call 1 800 361-5933 ext. 6286 or send an email.
* Despite handling your baggage with the utmost care, Air Inuit will not be liable for the following: nicks, scratches, missing pull straps, damaged handles and zippers, scuff marks, damage to wheels, soiling, manufacturing defects, damage resulting from over-packing, spillage of packed items or other damage considered to be normal wear and tear.